Hot compress for eyes
Hot compress leads to dilation of blood vessels and skin pores, it increases blood flow, relaxes the muscles and helps to remove old skin cells.
Doctors recommend them for easing uncomfortable eye symptoms at home. This includes symptoms of pink eye, styes, black eyes, infections, swelling, allergies, dry eyes, and blephiritis.
How do you make homemade hot compress for eyes ?
- Wash your hands. Take a clean handkerchief or a washcloth and dip it in warm water. Water should be clean so take drinking water
- Dip the handkerchief or the washcloth in water.
- Take it out and sqeeze the excess water. Make sure that the water is not very hot. It should be just mildly warm.
- Fold the handkerchief or washcloth to the size that is just enough to cover your eyes.
- Sit back or lie down so that the washcloth will stay in place.
- Close your eyes.
- Lay the washcloth over both eyes so that you cover the entire area around each eye.
- Let the washcloth sit on your eyes for 5 to 10 minutes or until it’s not warm anymore.
Do warm compresses help dry eyes?
Hot compress is a proven remedy for swelling and it also eases eye pain.
If you have blepheritis or sticky eyes , it can help clear the eyes.
A warm compress helps reduce dry eye symptoms by bringing moisture from steam and liquid to the eyeball and eye area to help you produce tears
It also helps reduce eye twitching from muscle spasms.
benefits of hot compress of eyes
Warmth of hot compress opens up blood vessels. Hot compress increases blood flow and helps relieve eye pain and swelling. Warmth and moisture can also loosen up constricted or clogged oil glands. This helps increase production of meibum, a fatty compound that helps your tears lubricate your eyes more effectively.
How can you apply warm compress to treat dry eyes?
You can use a Microwave Heated Eye Mask. This just saves the time .
Filled with natural flaxseed (Black), It has a high heat storage and heat transfer effect, can relieve eye fatigue, dry eye, dark circles, eye edema, palpebral fissure ,blepharitis and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction .( check it in amazon)