Acuvue multifocal fitting calculator
Finding the perfect multifocal contact lens for patients of all ages and varying refractive needs has long been a challenge. Thanks to the calculator , the process is no more tough thing to accomplish.
What is a multifocal fitting calculator?
- A multifocal fitting calculator is a tool that helps eye care professionals to select the best multifocal contact lenses for their presbyopic patients.It takes into account the patient’s spectacle refraction, add power, age, and dominant eye to recommend the most suitable multifocal lens brand, design, and parameters.
- Multifocal contact lenses have different zones of power that allow the wearer to see clearly at different distances, such as near, intermediate, and far.
Why use a multifocal fitting calculator?
- A multifocal fitting calculator can help you to save time and resources by providing you with a quick and easy way to find the optimal multifocal lenses for your patient.
- It can also help you to enhance your patient’s satisfaction and loyalty by offering them a personalized and comfortable solution for their presbyopia.
- It can also help you to set your practice apart by becoming an expert in multifocal lens fitting and earning a badge on the Find an Eye Doctor Locator
How to use the Acuvue multifocal fitting calculator
To use this calculator:
- First perform a new subjective refraction and ideally, confirm the Best Vision Sphere. Optimise the refraction with a binocular balance and consider a red-green balance to ensure the maximum acceptable plus is provided.
- Determine the appropriate functional ADD and the sensory dominant eye by using the +1.00D blur test method.
- Input this data into the calculator and select the “Calculate” button.
- The result will suggest to you the recommended initial lens pair along with suggestions to improve either distance or near vision if needed.
It says in the Acuvue multifocal fitting calculator website,
The calculator is provided to clinicians for educational and convenience purposes only, in conjunction with the labelling for ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day MULTIFOCAL, 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST MULTIFOCAL and ACUVUE® OASYS MULTIFOCAL. Each clinical situation should be considered unique to each patient, and all treatments individualised accordingly. Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd does not endorse or recommend any particular technique beyond what is contained in the product labelling and other techniques may be deemed as appropriate, in a clinician’s judgement.
Also see: Air Optix Multifocal fitting guide
Why choose ACUVUE?
Unlike most manufacturers who focus solely on age-related optical profiles, Johnson & Johnson Vision acknowledges the importance of pupil size, which varies not only with age but also across different refractive errors.
Their unique technology customizes the optical design based on the pupil size, achieving a remarkable 100% parameter optimization, compared to the meager less than 2% offered by the leading competitor.
Follow us in Facebook